We regularly come round to check our student villages
We do this for a number of reasons.
- To prevent accidents or injuries to the people living in our student residences.
- To pervent damage to the apartments and buildings.
- To help create a better atomshpere for those sharing a common room.
- As a means of communicating with the residents.
This is what we check and when:
- THE FIRST WEDNESDAY OF EVERY MONTH we come round and check the common room, kitchen, hallways and bathrooms. We check the oven, the fan over the oven, the refrigerator and the freezer. In the bathrooms we check the toilet, the floor and the shower cabinet (walls and doors).
- If things are not up to standard you will be notified as to what cleaning needs be done. If the cleaning is not carried out whithin an agreed time period a maintainence firm will be hired in to do the necessary cleaning to the cost of all whom use that particular area of the apartment (for example, if its the kitchen then all four tenants would be responsible for the bill).
- We come and visit you soon after you move in at the beginning of the school year. Every year will like to come and pay all students living in shared apartments a visit. We just have a chat and give everyone the chance to get to know eachother better. Our aim is to help create a warm and open relationship between us the landlords, and you, the tenants. We also hope to contribute to helping you all live together in harmony and help highlight some of the difficulties of living with new people. We also discuss and suggest possible solutions to 'everyday' problems.
- In May we come round and do an internal security check of all of the wiring and electrics as well as the emergency equipment (fire alarms, smoke alarms, extinguishers and so on). This check is carried out in all of our buildings and includes all of the apartments, both shared and seperate. You will be notified in good time of these checks.
- We also do a thorough check when you move out of one of our residences.
Smoke alarms and extinguishers.
- In Flåtenveien the batteries in all smoke alarms are changed once a year.
- The extinguishers in all our buildings are inspected by an external firm annually.
External inspection of wiring and electrics.
- An inspection of all wiring and electrics is conducted by an approved external firm at least once every five years.